When deciding on what to make I thought what better in the 30 degrees heat then ice cream. I did some research on how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker and came up with this recipe that I have adapted and made my own from various recipes. I chose honeycomb ice cream because I once had it before and when I did I was in heaven so I have tried to re create that ice cream.
Honeycomb Ice cream:
600ml Whipping cream
100g Honeycomb (plus extra for the topping)
250ml Condensed milk
1. Whip the cream using a whisk until stiff peaks form when you lift the whisk.
2. Add the condensed milk and continue whisking until well combined.
3. Stir in the honeycomb until well combined and pour into freezable containers or loaf tins.
4. Cover the containers with clingfilm and put in the freezer for 3 hours, whisking the ice cream vigorously every half an hour to stop ice build up.
5. Sprinkle extra pieces of honeycomb on top and leave in the freezer over night for the ice cream to set.
Taking the ice cream out of the freezer the next morning and scooping it into the cones was really exciting to know that I had made it from scratch. But no one needs to know how simple it was to do so, so shh don't tell. The ice cream was a great success and everyone loved it! I've already been asked to make more of it...but I'm happy to do so as that means more ice cream for me! xD
If you are even considering making this ice cream then I say go for it! It is so delicious and you will really see that homemade ice cream, even without an ice cream maker, is better than shop bought ice cream.