Sunday 21 July 2013

Pesto Pasta

When you think of pasta sauces you probably think that it is easier to just buy it from the shop than make it from scratch right? Well wrong, although yes it is easier to buy from the shop; I have been converted to homemade pesto after trying this recipe and I'm sure you would be to. 'But its cheaper to buy pesto from the shop' you're probably thinking, again wrong you only need 6 ingredients to make this pesto sauce and that includes the pasta; most of these ingredients wont even get used up so you can make multiple batches of pesto sauce.


On to the process; It is very simple really you just throw everything into the blender and fry the pine nuts-
easy-peasy-lemon-squeasy. 
Pesto Recipe:
*Disclaimer: I am not passing this off as my own recipe, It is Good Food's recipe*
Ingredients:
A handful of basil
2 cloves of garlic
50g Parmesan
150ml Olive Oil
Method:
1. Heat a small frying pan over a low heat. Add the pine nuts and toast until golden brown. Put into a food processor with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Season to taste.
2. Pour the pesto into a jar and cover with a little extra olive oil. Seal and store in a fridge, it can be kept for up to 2 weeks




The best part of making my own homemade pasta sauce was pouring it into a jar, as this for me is the difference between homemade and shop bought aside from the better flavor but also how you can personalise the jar and add your own special touch to it. You don't need a fancy jar to do this, I in fact used an old pesto jar and added a label to personalise it.




I served my homemade pesto with some fresh pasta and everyone loved it


No surprise the pesto pasta didn't last very long. Guess I'll be making a lot more batches of pesto in the 
future... c:

No comments:

Post a Comment