Doughnut, donut who doesn't love them! The good thing about these doughnuts is that you don't feel soo guilty having more than one as they are only mini! (That's just my way of justifying scoffing down a load of these little goodies).
This oven baked doughnut recipe is so easy to make and I reallyyyy recommended you to give the recipe a try even if you're not that into baking. I loved these doughnuts so much that I am going to, in the future, experiment with the recipe to try out different flavour combinations.
Oven Baked Mini Chocolate Doughnuts: (Makes 24)
250g Plain Flour
2tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
130g Soft Light Brown Sugar
4 tbsp Melted Butter
120g Natural Yogurt
3 tsp Vanilla Extract
For The Glaze:
100g Milk Chocolate
100g Dark Chocolate
5 tsp Golden Syrup
4 tbsp Butter
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4. Line a mini doughnut tray with butter and flour.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and nutmeg into a bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs, milk, brown sugar and natural yogurt together in an separate bowl until well combined, add the melted butter and vanilla extract into this mixture; mix till well combined.
4. Pour the wet egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix till well combined.
5. Put the batter into the greased doughnut tin until half full. It will be easiest to do this using a piping bag.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
7. To make the chocolate glaze melt all the ingredients and mix them together. Once the doughnuts have cooled dip the top of them into the chocolate glaze and then leave to cool, the golden syrup should give the chocolate glaze a nice shine.
I highly recommend only filling the doughnut tin half full as otherwise, like what happened in my first batch, they will rise to high causing there to be no whole in the bottom. However, this is easily solved by pushing the whole through after the doughnuts have been baked butttt it will be a lot easier if you do not overfill them to begin with!
If you think 24 sounds like too many doughnuts to make trust me you will have wished you had made more as they will be gone in no time!