Friday 18 April 2014

Oven Dried Tomato and Pepperoni Pizza


Whenever I want to eat something comforting the thing I turn to is good ol' trusty pizza. Now, as my stress levels are through the rooooof at the moment due to the fact that my As levels are in one month x_x pizzas are the perfectttttttt de-stresser as you get to knead the dough which is kinda like a stress ball and then you get a nice break from revision with a comforting piece of pizza. (I highly recommend.)



Toppings. Its always a tough one picking which topping to have; it can really-make-or-break your meal. If unsure I always sway towards the trusty pepperoni pizza and I lovee it with roasted tomatoes and jalapenos. (We didn't have jalapenos in the house to put on mah pizza; ohh well)


Oven Dried Tomato and Pepperoni Pizza (Makes 2):
Ingredients:
Dough:
500g Plain flour
2 tsp Salt
1 x 7g Sachet of dried yeast
350ml Warm water
Breadcrumbs or Semolina for dusting
Topping:
Whatever ya like but I used:
4 Cloves of garlic
Cherry Tomatoes
Olive Oil for drizzling
350g Passata
8 pieces of Salami
150g mozzarella cheese
Basil 

Method:
1. To make the pizza dough combine the flour salt and yeast in a bowl. Then gradually add the warm water incorporating with your hands until you form a ball (add more flour or water if needed). Cover with a cloth and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
2. Knead the dough for 10 minutes and then split the dough into two balls. Sprinkle flour on a clean kitchen towel and then place the two dough balls on the towel. Cover with a damp towel and leave to rise for an hour.
3. Preheat the oven to gas mark 9.
4. Once the dough has doubled in size roll the dough out and then place on a tray lined with a sprinkle of the breadcrumbs or semolina. 
5. Then go crazay with the toppings. I just spooned the passata on to the pizzas. Ripped up the mozzarella and scattered it on top along with some torn salami. I also scattered a few roasted tomatoes on top (you do this by chopping the tomatoes in half then adding them onto a tray along with the roughly chopped garlic cloves a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Then roast them for a good hour at gas mark 6.) 
6. Bake in the top shelf of the oven for 12 minutes.
7. One tip I do have is don't put the herb of your choice on until after the pizzas have cooked; you don't want them to burn!

I always find that homemade pizzas are sooo incredibly stuffing! But who am I kidding I don't stop eating till its all gone.

What is your favourite pizza topping?

No comments:

Post a Comment