Sunday 9 February 2014

Chickpea and Feta Salad

So, seeing as its stillll kind of the start of the year I thought I would start to get fit for summer. I don't wont to call it a diet but a 'lifestyle change'; eating more healthy shiz and less junk basically! I decided to kick start it with this delicioussss chickpea and feta salad. This is actually Jamie Olivers recipe and when I worked at one of his restaurants, recipease, for work experience I had to make a lot of these scrummy little salads!


Here are the ingredients: (Serves 4)


You will also need the basics; Olive Oil, salt and pepper.

The method:
1. Chop the onion, chilies (de-seeded) and tomatoes.
2.  Add them into a bowl and mix in with the juice of a lemon and lots of olive oil.
3. Warm the drained chickpeas by frying them quickly.
4. Mash a quarter of the warmed chickpeas.
5.Chop up the basil and mint.
6. Add the chickpeas and herbs into the tomato mixture. Mix well.
7. Season to taste and crumble the feta cheese on top.


This recipe is veryy easy to make and a very delicious satisfying salad. Even if you don't think chickpeas are your thing, give it ago! I'd be shocked if you disliked it.






No comments:

Post a Comment